Nixie Thermometer Shield for ArduinoBuy on eBay
The Nixie Thermometer Shield allows you to build a two-digit thermometer, including a minus sign, with an Arduino. It is a modular system consisting of a High Voltage Power Supply and a Socket Module depending on the Nixie tube you want to use. The on-board temperature sensor and an optional external temperature sensor can be used to measure the in- and outside temperature.
The modules can be ordered bundled or seperatly, as PCB + components or as PCB only.
The Nixie tubes and the Neon lamp are not included and have to be purchased seperatly.
- Compatible with Arduino UNO and MEGA
- Modular system consisting of a HV Power Supply and a Socket Module for different types of Nixie tubes
- Neon lamp NE-2 as minus sign (Optional)
- Included temperature sensor (DS18B20) with a measuring range from -55°C to +85°C
- Supports up to two temperature sensors
- Very high efficiency using the MAX1771 switch-mode controller
- Easy to build, no SMD parts
- Programmable using the Arduino IDE
So far, Socket Modules for the following Nixie tubes are available:
There are more Socket Modules to come...
The kit comes with an printed assembly instruction and a detailed functional disctription.
A preview of the instructions can be found here: Download PDF Instructions
The schematics and the functional discription are only providided when purchasing the kit.
The shield needs an Arduino UNO or MEGA to function. The sketches are uploaded using the Arduino IDE. The sample sketchs to operate the Nixie tube shield can be downloaded from our GitHub repository: Download Sample Sketches
This circuit design includes a switch-mode voltage converter which generates 170 V. DO NOT USE IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE HIGH VOLTAGES. You are responsible for the safety during the assembly and operation of this device.