Geiger Counter Shield for ArduinoBuy on eBay
The Geiger Counter Shield allows you to detect nuclear radiation with your Arduino. The kit is designed for the SBM-20 tube but also supports a variety of other Geiger tubes. The kit has visual and sound indication of radiation and can be used as detector for dangerous radiation levels or radioactive materials. The shield is equipped with an LCD to display a CPS bargraph, averaged CPM and dose-rate readings. Data can be logged via the serial port or to a microSD card via the on-board microSD interface.
The shield cab be ordered as PCB + components or as PCB only.
The Geiger tube is not included and has to be purchased seperatly.
- Compatible with Arduino UNO and MEGA
- Sensitive to beta and gamma radiation
- Support for the most common Geiger tubes: SBM-20, J305, STS-5, ...
- HV step-up converter with feedback regulation, adjustable from 300-600 V
- Reliable up to 1 mSv/h
- Buzzer and two LED's for indication of detection events and alerts
- LCD to display CPS bargraph, averaged CPM and dose-rate
- Two buttons for controlling the software
- The data can be logged via the serial port or on microSD card
- Easy to build
- Programmable using the Arduino IDE with sample sketches provided on our GitHub repository
The kit comes with an printed assembly instruction and a detailed functional disctription.
A preview of the instructions can be found here: Download PDF Instructions
The schematics and the functional discription are only providided when purchasing the kit.
The shield needs an Arduino UNO or MEGA to function. The sketches are uploaded using the Arduino IDE. The sample sketchs to operate the Nixie tube shield can be downloaded from our GitHub repository: Download Sample Sketches
This circuit design includes a switch-mode voltage converter which generates up to 600 VDC. DO NOT USE IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE HIGH VOLTAGES. You are responsible for the safety during the assembly and operation of this device.